Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Week 2 in LA

This week has been very good. We have two new solid investigators and they both are very interested in what we have to say, so stay tuned for that. The past 2 weeks I've had a cold and Saturday it was really bad. It got to the point where I had no energy and I had giant dark circles around my eyes. So the Zone Leaders ca,e over and did splits with us so I could sleep and my companion could still go out and go to a lesson with the sisters. While I was sleeping I was thinking about our investigator that we where going to teach later over face chat. So when my companion came back I got dressed and said, let's go to work. That lesson was the best lesson we have had yet. The spirit was strong and we where really instruments in the hands of the lord. 
Later that night the Zone Leaders came over and gave me a blessing to have strength to get through the six hours of church Elder Rawlings and I have on Sunday. He blessed me with strength and to help me adjust to the mission life better. Let me just say that if you put the Lord first he will truly bless you. Yesterday at church, it was like I was hardly sick, I had the cough still but, I had so much energy and I could focus in on the spirit. 
We have two new members that we are setting up times to go take them to the temple. It's so awesome to hear their testimonies and excited they are to go. I truly believe that the Lord knows our situations and he will bless us if we put him before yourself. I've seen it in my life and I know it can happen to all of you. 
Yesterday during dinner at a members home, I shared the spiritual thought, it was so amazing even though I was nervous because the members wife is the seminaries teacher, but it was so good. I read them moses chapter 1, the spirit was so strong that even the youngest child was paying attention. The church is True and I love it. 
I really love my area, all of the days this week we have been down visiting members that live in Hermosa beach and Manhattan Beach. It's like right on the beach, it's so pretty to look at as we walk down the street past it. We can't go on the beach and we follow it but it's supper nice and warm. But I am still blessed to be here.

PICTURES
This is my apartment in Redondo Beach, the shower is super short so it looks like the shower seen in elf when I take a shower. But it's still home. Also I took the bedroom one this morning and we washed our sheets and blankets so the beds weren't made, but they usually are made. 










No comments:

Post a Comment