Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Last Day in the MTC

Last Day in the MTC

Hello ALL!
My heart is full as I leave this amazing group of saints to go to Los Angeles.  Today is our last day together, and I will really miss the ones not going to LA with me tomorrow morning. I have to leave the MTC at 3:50 in the morning. That's so early!!! Our flight leaves at like 8:30. We are having a mini P dah today so we can do laundry and pack. Yesterday was fast Sunday and probably the best Sunday I've had here. During dinner Me and some of my district are with President Martino and His wife. He is the MTC President and His wife is the relief society President. Elder Dowling and I taught Sunday School, we talked about humility. Sister Martino was present for that. I'm going to link a talk by President Dieter F. Uchdorf talking about humility. It's some powerful words form a great man. https://www.lds.org/media-library/video/2012-05-8210-humility-and-love?lang=eng We also said goodbye to one of the best teachers in the MTC Sister Johnson. (See pictures) Tonight we say goodbye to our other amazing teacher Borther Hilton. Packing is fun we have a bunch of food and we are going at it. Feel free to email me anytime on Monday if you want to hear from me personally. To end this email I want to share a scripture and my testimony. The scripture is found in Doctrine and Covenants 59: 23 "But learn that he who doeth the works of righteousness shall receive his reward, even peace in this world, and eternal life in the world to come." I'm greatest to be going to give people this gift as well as receive it myself. I love the Lord and my opportunity to serve him, I know that Jesus is the Christ. He suffered and died for me and for you. I've learned so much here spiritually and I'm excited to learn more. Thank you all for the constant support and the love and prayers. I feel it daily. I know Joseph Smith was and is a prophet and he restored this gospel for this work. I love you all and thanks for reading my emails, I try to keep them short and sweet for you. 
Love,
Elder Cox 

Pictures!!!
1. Me in front of the scripture on my plack 
2. District photo in our classroom
    Names in order in picture 4
Back row- Elders Clarkson, Johnston, Forbush, Walker, Williams, Dowling, Me
Middle row- Elders Argeta, Morgan and Burgon
Front Row- Sisters Jenks, Hirshi, Cox
3. My whole district and Sister Johnson (Sister Josnson is the middle left)
4. My whole district and Brother Hilton (Bro Hilton is in front of me)




No comments:

Post a Comment