Tuesday, September 19, 2017

Week 1 in the MTC

MTC Week 1

Hey everyone!! Week one in the MTC is in the bag. The first day was jam packed but great then I met my companion. My companion is Elder Dowling,  pictures at the bottom. Our district consists of 3 sisters and 11 elders. 5 elders are going to L.A. including me, one elder is going to New Zeland, One sister is going to Canada, and everyone else is going to Cleaveland, Ohio. They are all great and have wonderful spirits. Today we got to go to the temple as a district and it was amazing. We also have started to teach investigators!!! I never thought that I would be teaching investigators in the MTC. I feel emence love for both of them through constant prayer, and thinking about what they need to learn from the gospel. Don't believe what other missionaries tell you, the MTC food is amazing. I am so blessed to feel the spirit daily here. Sunday was the best day of the week. Just learning of the gospel and feeling the spirit in sacrament (even though it was held in a class) has been amazing. We have two of the best teachers in the MTC (so we have been told) Sister Jonshton and Brother Hilton. They both have a great knowledge of missionary work and I'm greatful for them. On sunday we had a Devotional which featured Kenneth Cope. He is an AMAZING singer and songwriter. Something that I found funny is that one of the sisters in our District is Sister Cox. People keep asking if we are related and I don't know that yet. Overall a great week and looking forward to the devotional tonight.

THE CHURCH IS TRUE, is what we yell before we go to bed. What a true statement. I love this gospel with all my heart, I love the chance I have to serve my father in heaven and get close to him. I love him with all my heart. In the MTC the kinda mission staement is Become as He Is. I am excited to do just that. The prophet is the true prophet of god, I sustane them daily. I love all of you and thanks for reading my email. 

Love, 
Elder Cox

1.Me in the new building where our class is.
2. Elder Dowling and me.
3. Elder Dowling and me in front of the Provo Temple. 
4. Our whole district at lunch.
5. Elder Dowling and me.
6. Elder Dowling, me, Elder Burgon, Elder Walker, Elder Clarkson, Elder Johnston, and Elder Ewell.






No comments:

Post a Comment