Wednesday, May 29, 2019

Week 90 in LA--Transfer Calls Are In........

Zach called home again this week. I knew it was transfers this week and I emailed him and told him I was anxious to hear the news so to let me know as soon as possible. I waited ALL DAY LONG and he finally called at 6:15 pm. I asked him what happened and he was stalling (💩). He finally asked me what I thought happened and I said that I thought he was being transferred. And....................I was right. Zach was transferred yesterday to the North Hollywood Zone, serving in the North Hollywood Stake in the North Hollywood Ward (that's a lot of North Hollywood 😂😂). The N. Hollywood area is basically in the Burbank area (I asked and he said Burbank is just 3 miles from him). His new companion is Elder Laybourn and he is from Idaho. Zach will be a District Leader again and he has a lot of work ahead of him. This was an inspired transfer call and without saying too much, Zach has his work cut out for him. President and his wife have every confidence that Zach is the man for the job so I am sure things will go really good. He has a lot of changes to make and things to fix, but he is a valiant missionary and rule following kind of guy so I'm sure he's up for the tasks ahead!!

Zach said that when he got the call, he cried. 😢💔 He loved the Woodland Hills ward so, so much! He will miss the people and the area a lot but the plus side is he is only about 12 miles away so I'm sure they can go and visit him. He said that he was sad and cried for a while and then on Monday he felt better about it and knows that he is needed in the North Hollywood Ward. He said that it is mostly a Polynesian ward so that's cool and he's excited to get to work there.

I asked about Ted and he said that he had to move his baptism back to July 6th because his buddy, that is coming from Utah to baptize him, had to have stomach surgery and can't come until July. Zach will be able to go back for the baptism though and that's exciting because he loves Ted! I also asked about Kendall and he said that she is moving but will continue with the lessons in her new area. 

Zach said that he wants to find a job as soon as he can when he gets home so he can start saving money. He said that he has plans. I asked him what and he said that it has to do with October and my birthday. I said what plans? And he told me that he wants to take me to Red Lobster for my birthday because I love seafood and no one else does--except for him now. He said that he has eaten a lot of seafood and has really come to love it (smart boy). I LOVE this kid!! The fact that he wants to get a job so he can take me to dinner just melted my heart (I'm sure he has other plans for his money as well but.... 💕).

Pictures
1-2 Zach
3-8 Zach and Elder Reid at the Zoo
















No comments:

Post a Comment