Sunday, December 30, 2018

Week 68 in LA--Christmas Skype 😀

We will Skype 11:30 my time, sorry. 

I (mom) got this email on December 26th 😂😂. He sent me a message on messenger on Christmas morning around 8:00 am telling me that he was calling at 11:30 am his time, 12:30 pm our time. I kind of wanted to ring his neck because of the short notice but then he told me that he was sick and had been running a fever all night. He was able to have lunch on Christmas Eve with Julie and she sent a nice picture of her, Elder Leavitt and Zach. 

He called right at 12:30 but of course we were having all kinds of technical difficulties (as was his companion and his family). We ended up having to Skype him on my phone, which kind of sucked because it's so small but I hogged it anyway so........😂😂 He looks and sounds great (other than being sick)!! We got to meet Elder Leavitt (because of his technical difficulties) and what a stellar guy he is!! He is from Washington and what an amazing man!! Zach has, for the most part (there was that ONE companion 😡), had really great companions and that is truly a blessing. I asked him some of the crazy things that have happened on his mission and he said, "Well, I've been shot at." What the what?!?! I almost had a heart attack right there!!!! He said that they had made a u-turn and were driving alongside another car and that car shot at them. They were able to get away and no one was hurt but OH MY FREAKING CRAP!!!! Then he said that they were on the bus one day and a homeless man started asking them questions and then he asked them if they knew who the prophet Isaiah was. And they said yes and then he told them that he was that very same prophet and he bent down and kissed their feet. 😲😅 We had a great hour together and it was the best Christmas gift ever!!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment