Tuesday, January 22, 2019

Week 72 in LA--Fantastic Week

Hey!

I hope you are ready for a photo dump because I have a lot of photos to send to you. It sounds like life is good and stuff. Elder Leavitt and I are staying together another transfer in this area, we have another baptism this week. I will send a weekly and another email to you with a bunch of pictures I am on a computer now so it will come soon. Have a great day. **Sadly, nothing more came--no email and no pictures. I received all of the pictures I am posting from Elder Leavitt's mom.**

Elder Cox

Email from Elder Leavitt (his mom shared it with me):
Hello beautiful people that I love!
     What a week! It has been full of miracles, I'm sure I'll miss some of them. On Wednesday we got a giant magic sponge and some other cleaning supplies from Daiso and scrubbed the entire faunt! On Thursday we spent 2 hours before the baptism boiling 6 big pots of water over and over and dumping them in the faunt as it filled up because it wasn't very warm... And then Nazanin Hashemi was Baptized! Elder Hertz gave a talk on Baptism in Farsi and all 5 of us sang I Know That My Redeemer Lives in English and Farsi. A friend of hers came from Downtown to baptize her, Sister Olsen gave a talk on the Holy Ghost and everything was just perfect. The Spirit was so strong! And on Sunday I was able to confirm her a member of the Church of Jesus Cheist of Latter-day Saints, and give her the gift of the Holy Ghost. It's the first time I've ever had that pleasure. What a blessing it is that we have the Priesthood and can perform ordinances in Christs Name with his power! 
     We also taught the Kohuts a few times, and boy those kids are awesome! Christian, the 8 year old is so funny, and he always has the right answers! They just had their baptismal interviews today and they are ready to be Baptized on Saturday!
     This past Saturday we went to the temple on a bus with our ward! It was so cool, every quarter they rent a bus and go to the temple together! This time a man named Ted Ball joined us. He is a friend of Bishop Greens and he was in Elders Quorum last Sunday. Now, every time we do something as a ward Brother Mckeown goes around the room to ask every single person if they are going, and when he got to Ted Ball he laughed! But Bofher Mckeown assured him he really could come and enjoy the temple grounds and the VC. Sure enough he signed up to go, and on the day of he was the first one on the bus! When we got there we snagged the bus driver and gave him a tour of the VC even though the power went out (at which point we used the flashlights on our phones to show him the rooms in the back.) And Bishop took Ted around. Turns out the power was gone all the way down to Torrance! And I'm out of time! I love you all and hope you have a splendid week. May your hammer be mighty! Go love someone who needs it. 
     
Love Elder Leavitt 

P.S. Elder Cox and I will be staying together for another transfer and it's going to be great! 

Pictures
Hike from last week's P day
Nazi's baptism
P day run
































No comments:

Post a Comment