Tuesday, November 14, 2017

Week 10 in LA--It's Story Time

I hope you are ready for this emence story I have for you all, because it is a giant miracle! So Last week Hailey (my investigator that has the baptismal date) asked for a break from the lessons to figure it out for herself. Elder Styer and I were devastated as she was our only investigator for our area. The rest of the day we were both off. Lots of prayers and deep pondering, that night we were walking from our car to a members home for an appointment we ran into a man walking his dog down the street. We ended up talking with him for half an hour, his name is Suresh. He is from India and is open to hear about Christ. So we set a return appointment, we knocked......no answer. We were so sad, but we kept going with calling him. But still no answer. So we decided to give him one more door knock, we knocked and his wife was home! She is not interested in our message but she wants us to teach Suresh. So we set a solid return appointment and we went over last night to have the lesson. The lesson went super well and it was super powerful. Half way through the lesson, one of Suresh' s daughters who was doing homework upstairs, came down with a laptop and said that her friend wanted to talk to us(the missionaries). He said that he wants to learn about our religion. That has never happened before! We were caught off guard, so we said we would call him later. We did and set up an appointment for this week! It was so cool to see that we can get referrals from anybody! 

This week otherwise was great I got to go on exchanges with our fantastic Zone Leaders and I got to learn so much from interviews with my mission president, President Haynie during interviews this week. I'm learning so much and I would like to finish this email with a quick spiritual thought. 

Matthew 5:14-16 says, "14Ye are the light of the world. A city that is set on an hill cannot be hid.
15 Neither do men light a candle, and put it under a bushel, but on a candlestick; and it giveth light unto all that are in the house.
16 Let your light so shine before men, that they may see your good works, and glorify your Father which is in heaven." Dont let your light hide, share the knowledge that you have. We shouldn't be scared to share our beliefs with anyone. I have come to find this knowledge out here, and I hope you can find this knowledge as well. 

Love you all,
Elder Cox 

Pictures from last P Day and other ones 

**Side Note** I got to email back and forth with him for a bit yesterday. It was so nice!! I asked him why there wasn't any pictures of him and he said they were bad at taking pictures. I asked him to take one of himself right then and send it and he did!!!! It made my mom heart so happy to "see" him, especially knowing that it was right then.





No comments:

Post a Comment