Monday, October 9, 2017

Week 5 in LA--Last Week of his First Transfer

This week has been such a great week! This week Elder Arnold of the seventy came to our mission. He taught us so much stuff. I learned how to serve the community better and I learned how to work through members. All of the investigators I have are awesome. One said that the Book of Mormon get more and more true each day she reads it. One said that she would be baptized if she found the truth in our religion. We also have been teaching our recent converts to the church. I'm going back to President Galoraths home tonight to teach a new member lesson to one of our recent converts. He is a rock star, and we are also teaching his wife. They want to be sealed in the temple and it's awesome to work with them. This week we decided to call people that were on our part member family lists, we called over 50 people! This is Elder Rawlings Last week in LA he leaves next Tuesday. I have been blessed to have such an amazing companion with such great knowledge of the scriptures. I've learned so much from him and I'm excited to apply that to my mission as well. 

Last night we had a super spiritual lesson with one of our investigators, we taught her about the Book of Mormon. We took turns bearing our testimonies, when I talked about the Book of Mormon, the spirit hit me so strong and I knew from that moment that it was the word of God. I can say without a doubt in my mind that the Book of Mormon is True. There is power in that book. 

Today for P Day we are bowling and we are at a Korean BBQ place in Gardena. It was super good. I love being a missionary and I love living here in California. Thank you for the love and support and prayers. 

Elder Cox 

Pictures:
P-Day fun
Randy's Donuts
Elder Rawlings and I before a Skype lesson






No comments:

Post a Comment