Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Week 97 in LA--Good Week

Zach called on Monday. He called earlier than he usually does because his companion had an appointment so I got to talk to him for over an hour--it was great! We talked about so many different things. Talking to him now is like talking to a best friend and I love it!!

He said that his week was good. He and his new companion, Elder Meldrum, get along really well. Zach said that he is very funny and super nice. He said that they went out and contacted a lot of people in the ward during the week and that's about it. He said it was good though.

I got a phone call from Brother Lee who is in the ward. I made a big Facebook and Instagram post about it. To paraphrase, this elderly gentleman is very thankful for Zach because he holds the door open for him and greets him every Sunday. He is very impressed by Zach and his manners and he said that Zach is a very spiritual man. It was a very nice phone call to get as a mom. 

Zach said that the past 2 years are really starting to catch up to him. He said that he is super tired--probably more like exhausted. He said they come home and he intends to do things but finds that he falls asleep by 9:00-9:30 every night. He's one tired guy!!

He talked a lot about coming home and how for the first week he will probably be busy getting a phone, car, getting his room in order, trying to find a job and most importantly, taking a lot of naps. 😂😂

I asked him if he took any pictures this past week and he said a few. I asked if he had any of himself and his companion and he said no. I told him to take a selfie of the two of them and then to text me all of the pictures he had. Guess what?!?! I never got any pictures (shocker). 😂😂 I told him that pictures are the only way I get to see him and his response was that I get to hear him and I'll get to see him really soon so it shouldn't matter. Punk!! That is really all we talked about and since there are no pictures, this will be a short one. Hopefully next week will be a bit longer and include some pictures. 

No comments:

Post a Comment