Wednesday, June 12, 2019

Week 92 in LA--1 Companion, 2 Companion............

Zach called on Monday night. It was later so I was wondering if he was even going to call, but he did. I asked him how his week was and his response was, "Crazy!" I asked what he meant by that and he said that on Friday he was given another companion, Elder Hill. So now he's in a trio. Elder Hill's companion had to go home so they had to re-assign Elder Hill and they put him with Zach and Elder Laybourn. So on Friday, they had to go to Elder Hill's apartment and pack up all of his things and then move them to their apartment. So now they cover 2 area's and wards instead of 1. The new ward is the Studio City Ward and Zach said it's pretty big with a lot of young couples/families. He said that luckily their church meetings are at different times, but they do overlap each other a bit. They went to sacrament meeting at the one ward and then went to the other ward's sacrament meeting and Sunday School class. He said it's all good though. He really likes Elder Hill (they came out into the field together) and that all 3 of them get along great! (Whew!!)

I asked him if he's seen/met any celebrities now that he's in the heart of LA (his 2nd area is by Universal Studios as well as many other movie and music production companies). He said that he hasn't but that he did meet a church celebrity. I was like, huh? Who would that be? And he said that they met Lindsey Stirling. He said she was really nice and that she is taking them out to eat on Monday. Cool!

Last week we talked about crockpot meals that he could throw together and put in so their dinner was ready at 4:00. I asked him how they were and if his companion liked them and he said that they didn't even need to cook because they had dinner appointments all week. I asked about that because I thought that was a no more thing. He said that if the members are willing to feed them at 4 or if they eat with a less-active family they are good to go. That's a huge help for my wallet and for Zach and his companions!! He said that they are all set up this week with dinner appointments as well. Yay N. Hollywood and Studio City wards!!

I asked him about his feet and he said that they are almost completely better! He said that the gel stuff works really well and the new socks and shoes do too. I was super happy to hear that!!

He said to be prepared for a crazy airport homecoming with so many missionaries coming home with him to Utah (or at least to the SL International Airport). I told him I was ready no matter what (I don't love big crowd of people but I won't care that day)!! He said that he was thinking he wanted to go to Astro Burger for dinner after. But who knows, he may change his mind?!?!

We had 4 minutes left and so I said my goodbyes and so did he because he was going to use those last 4 minutes to send me some pictures. Guess what?!?! That didn't happen. 😂😂 It's a good thing I love him!!

No comments:

Post a Comment